Beacon Research is an innovative qualitative research consulting firm that specializes in current and emerging New Qual methods and hybrid designs in the U.S. and abroad. Projects cover a wide range of industry and respondent types; most focus on co-creation/new products, advertising research, packaging and website development. Clients include Fortune 100 and smaller companies, non-profits, universities, branding firms and advertising agencies.
Founded in 2000 by Kristin Schwitzer, Beacon Research has a decade of experience in online qualitative research methods. Prior to launching her firm, Kristin worked both client-side in brand management at P&G and agency-side in strategic planning and market research. She is the founder and recent Co-Chair of QRCA’s Online Special Interest Group, and is considered by her peers as a pioneer and expert in online qualitative, with one dubbing her the “Queen of Cool Research.”
Kristin is also Editor in Chief of GreenBook’s NewQual blog.
- Webcam Real-time Focus Groups & IDIs
- Telephone Focus Groups and IDIs
- Online Text Chat Real-time Focus Groups & IDIs
- Mobile Qualitative Research
- Online Discussion Boards Focus Groups and IDIs
- Diaries, Journals, Blogs
- Online Communities (MROCs)
- Qualitative-Quantitative Hybrid Market Research
- Social Media-Related Qualitative Research
- Emerging Solutions
- Video Streaming for Remote Viewing
- Immersive research (digital ethnography), Remote website usability testing